Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Maybe I need to get frustrated a little more often!

My house is always under construction.  It's both the pleasure and detriment of being married to a carpenter.  I get a house worked on for cookies but I get a prolonged mess because it is when he's available and not exhausted.  I know I'm not the only one out there, you know what I'm talking about. 



Saturday, My handsome hunk put some finishing touches on our dining room sheetrock so it could be painted.  I was so excited.  We bought the paint, he slapped it on.....it looked sooo good.  Just in time for a birthday party the next day. 

Then Monday came.  He saw flaws.  (uh, great, a carpenter that is a perfectionist....;)) 
So, he slapped more mud on the walls.  Ruined paint.  White dust everywhere. 

By night's end, he did manage to get the room back to one solid color.  :)  But the dust....we are enemies.  I've seen it invade our home wayyyyy too many times. 



Ever hear the passage from Proverbs 21:19?  It says "it is better to live alone in the desert than with a crabby, complaining wife."  I think this could apply at times in our house...my poor husband. 

I decided that there is no time like the present to start spring cleaning, so I searched the Internet for a guide to help me and lookie what I found?! 

AskAnna had a great checklist for me to follow and I couldn't help but want to share.  For a printable copy, click here.

 
Thanks Anna! 
 
I'm attacking this with a vengeance!  I will get you, white dust!  (Maybe I need to get frustrated a little more often!) 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment