Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Do you have laundry nightmares?

I'm still trying to figure out how we could have so much laundry. 

We have been blessed with wonderful hand me downs and gifts of clothing.  Figuring out how much we actually need for each child has been a process.  I feel so blessed by those who share their clothing with us, every year is different though.  Some years we have too many, so we've had to go through them all take what we need and then have the privilege of passing on what we don't need! 

I have found that the more clothes the kids have, the quicker the drawers get emptied. If they have a drawer jammed full, they tend to have a harder time making the decisions on what to wear too.  There is a happy balance here and we're still trying to figure it out. 

I won't say that I haven't found folded clothing tossed into the dirty laundry baskets before.  This turns the mother into a 2 horned beast frothing from the mouth with CRAZY eyes.  I think they are getting smarter and unfolding them first now. Ha ha. Those little whippersnappers.....

I do have a confession to make in all of this.   I tend to attack the laundry like a rabid beast one day (probably after finding folded clothing in a dirty laundry basket) and then am so sick of laundry by the next day that I focus my efforts elsewhere.....for like, 4 days. 

That could be a leading contributor regardless of how the clothes end up in the laundry room.  We have about a 3-4 load-a-day obligation, so 4 days off at that current rate = 12-16 loads. 

In case you are wondering what that looks like......



Things didn't seem that bad, until a certain child was out of unmentionables and I couldn't quite figure out why....the laundry wasn't that backed up.  Were they just throwing them away?  Well, I found out when I got in detective mode..... the closet became a morgue for the take-offs each day and I wasn't checking the closet for the dirty clothing, I was emptying the basket in the room. 
They brushed up on their laundry skills needless to say. 

This was just one isolated event. I can not blame them for the continual laundry disaster that happens here at Mt. Dirty Duds. 

In my pursuit to delcutter the other day, I decided this mountain is coming down.  I had the faith of a mustard seed.  :)   (Matthew 17:20) I was going to move this mountain! 

In just 1 day I did most of it.  I had 2 loads left for the next day.   I'm proud to announce that today my laundry is completely caught up. 

2 Timothy 1:7 says  For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 

I have no excuse.  I may have tendencies to put things off and procrastinate, but He gave me a spirit of self dicipline.   If I have that within me....laundry should be a very small issue that I can deal with and not have to make excuses for.  

Blessings to you today as you tackle something you've been making excuses for.  Remember, if you are a child of the King, you have a spirit of power, love and self dicipline. You can do it!!!!

Stay tuned for my home made laundry detergent findings!

No comments:

Post a Comment