Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Apparently she was hungry.

My husband rolls over and says, "It's 6:45, we should get up."  Then it hit me.....he must not have gone down to the school this morning to clean! AHHHH!  (we clean a school in case you couldn't figure that out. lol)
I flew out of bed so fast that he wasn't even able to get out of bed before I was running down the stairs and out the door complete with my uncombed rats nest and unbrushed fangs (and that's just what someone would think if they happened upon me right then! The stink of some gnarly beast with a decaying carcus in their mouth....not something you want to encounter first thing in the morning!)

I got it all done...faster than I ever had before....Phew! 

I was invigorated though, once I got home and wanted to clean.  (There's just something about cleaning an old building with old bathrooms that realllllly make you want to rush home and disinfect your own home!)

So, I decluttered a bedroom, cleaned 2 bathrooms, swept, mopped, did dishes, did several load of laundry and then I got the bug to cook!  So, I made a batch of bread, 2 batches of banana bread, a batch of lemon cranberry muffins, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  All before 1:00pm. 
It felt so good.  And tasted it too! 

Later, my good friend stopped by.  We chatted, laughed, laughed some more and then my 21 month old comes walking to the front door (we were on the porch) with a cookie.  Hmmm, I wonder who gave that to her?  My eldest daughter comes to the door snickering as she passes me the container where the cookies and muffins were.  She said "ummm, mom, apparently she was hungry." 



The tops of all of the muffins were bit off.  Every cookie had a chomp out of it.  All of that baking....now in her tummy.  Needless to say she wasn't all that hungry for supper. 

I lightly scolded her.  The cookie seemed to lose some of its flavor.  How could you get mad at this face?


There's never a dull moment around here....and for that....I'm glad.  Enjoy your day!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment