Thursday, May 10, 2012

Some things are better left to the professionals

Toward the end of winter I was out tooling around one day.  I had to apply the brakes as the car in front of me was apply theirs! A huge batch of snow came flying off of my roof onto my windshield.  (that's when you really wish you had of taken the time before you left to properly sweep off the van....but it's so high up there...my clothes would have got all covered in snow!)  I flipped the wipers on and it was heavy....a little too heavy I guess because when they finished wiping.....they stopped in the upright position. 

I have seen others with this issue in the past and wondered how they could stand leaving it like that.  Why wouldn't they just try to fix it. Push down on them and see if that works......

It doesn't. I tried. 
I didn't go all wild on them or anything, but what I did do was cause the passenger side to flop down right in your line of sight.  Perfect.



I've driven like this for a couple of months now because we just couldn't justify adding any bills to our household when work was so slow this winter.  We'd have to take care of it when things picked up. 

My superman couldn't wait that long.  The other night the 6 of us piled into the van and were headed out to get some essentials.  Superman waltzed over to the side of the van and put his arms out in true superhero fashion and then this hunk of a man is throwing himself at the windshield hanging onto only a lone wiper!  REALLY!  I was there!

This is why carpenters hire mechanics and mechanics hire carpenters.... I mean, he darn  near tore the wipers off! 

The next minutes I can't say that I was not singing the national anthem with my own words that may have gone similar to this: " Oh say, I can't see!  I could once but for thee.  You've pushed them way too far aaand broke my old car.  The rain drops will fall and I now will have to caaaaaaalllllll a mechanic the next daaaaaaaaaaayy because of your forceful play!!"

He was not edified. 

We took wrenches to it next.  Not good.  Long story...we ripped the gear thingy right off of it.  There are noises now when we turn the wipers on.  They don't wipe. 

So if you see me driving down the street and it's raining and my head is out the window...it is because God gave me my own set of wipers...their called eyelids. 

Oh!  I almost forgot  to say....we got the wipers to lay down. 

Permanently. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment