Monday, January 13, 2014

What are we waiting for?




An answer, that's what.  The list of prayer requests seem unending.  Yours, mine, ours....We're in need of answers.  I've been relentlessly bringing them before the Throne of God asking, waiting, willing.  Health concerns, marriages, fears, people needing salvation, all worthy of time before the Lord.  I persist. 

I am thankful for His will.  His ways.  That He sees the big picture and I am privied to only part of it.
I am thankful for hard times.  For times when I have to drop to my knees and beg for strength.  It is in those times, I believe,  mountains are moved.  I search the scriptures - for nuggets of hope.  Tasting every word I read, looking for something, some word from Him.  I am where he wants me then.    Finding my strength from The Almighty.  He guides me in those times.  I have hope.  Excitement that My God is talking with me.  Sometimes showing me bits of  His plan.  Encouraging me to stay the course and stay in with Him.

I always find it curious how he changes my heart; steers me closer to his heart during these times.  My emotions and attitude flip as fast as a cupped book whose pages flip past the thumb.  I can hardly keep up with what He does in those times. I think that is what I love the most about our times together.  His ability to change the impossible. 

Anger mushes to tears by His loving words reminding me of what He is like, and I am to be like Him.  Sadness gives way to hope because He is able to do more than I could ever ask or hope for and he is my Comforter.  Loneliness and Not good enough are confronted and Truth tells me I am a daughter of the King and he chose me, sent His Son, Jesus, to die for my sins because He thinks I am worth something.  Lack of confidence is reminded that nothing is impossible with God and to keep my eyes open that I might not be deceived and hiding behind pride. 

I walk away from my time with the Lord renewed, invigorated, longing for more.  Thankful.  I serve the Almighty God whose plan was set in motion the day he breathed life into Adam.  He knew we'd mess up.  He knew we'd need a Savior.  He knows we still need Him now.  And He still lets me see a glimpse of what He's up to.  How exciting!!!  What are we waiting for?  Him.  Perfectly always, Him. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for describing so honestly the faithfulness of God. An encouragement to me this morning. -Travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you Travis. We're working out our faith. Sometimes it's good to be reminded of just who God is to be looking to Him in all things. :)

    ReplyDelete