Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Fresh Start

Cause me to hear Your loving kindness
in the morning, For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I
should walk, For I lift up my soul to You.
            Psalms 143:8
NKJV


It's been so long since I've last posted.  Between my computer being out of commission for almost a month and the busyness of summer I just haven't been able to connect with you.  The great part is that routine is around the corner and I've got lots to say, Ha ha. 
 
The verse above is one I memorized as a teen and have loved it ever since.  It's a good reminder for me to start my day with God and ask Him for direction for the day.  Too many days I get up with no aim for the day, yet lots to do.  I tend to touch on a few  things of unimportance  in the scheme of Eternity (like doing dishes and mopping a floor) and spend little or no time with God asking Him what today should look like.  By the way, when my "tasks" over take the day without consulting God, I find my days slip away, my importance seems small and smooth is found no where within that day. 
 
Try starting your day out with God.  This morning I opened my bible to the Psalms and read all the underlined verses that have meant something to me over the years.   What a great reminder of who my God is and what He has done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment