Thursday, April 5, 2012

Knocked to my knees and thankful.

My last post was about how I was excited to find out that I had a form of pride lurking around in my life.  It certainly isn't something to brag about, however, can be exciting to see the sin issue before someone has to blatantly point it out to you.   I'm so thankful for God showing this to me.

Some things are so pretty, though, and not as easily caught.  A couple of days ago, I was knocked to my knees with yet another form of what I identify as pride.   Embarrassment and Humility.  I really hate to be called to the carpet with something I've done or even haven't done, but am responsible for.  I had to "man up" to the issue, confront it, apologize for it and take care of it.  Oh, the agony.  I was embarrassed and knocked down a peg on my "not doing so bad" list.  (**cough cough** pride!)

God is so wonderful though.  He tends to pursue us early on in our sin so we don't stray too far from Him, and I'm so thankful for that.  No, it usually isn't fun dealing with the issue, but like a child that has to be discipline for his poor choices, he gets to be restored to his parents usually by loving arms that reaffirm they still love him. I find this is how God works with me too (except there is no "usually" He ALWAYS welcomes me into his arms!) When I got home from dealing with the issue, I felt pretty low.  Yucky. Less than perfect by far.  I turned on my music to "escape" while I did some computer work and this is what played:  Shaken by Paul Baloche

Only a spotless lamb
For a sinner's soul
You gave me a heart of flesh
For a heart of stone
You brought me down to my knees
When I was full of pride
And took away all the places
I could hide


Those You love You will chasten

Everything that can be will be shaken
Everything that can be will be shaken
And only You remain
Only You remain

Wherever my treasure is
There my heart will be
I'm fixing my eyes on things
In the heavenlies
When everything is said and done
And swept away
I wanna be by Your side
In eternity

No Suffering for the moment
Is pleasant but it brings forth
The peaceful fruit of righteousness
Jesus my righteousness




He soothes my soul with the perfect song even after a little discipline - I'm so grateful.   Today I feel humbled, but fully loved by My God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment