Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Procrastinate No More!

I have been putting off some cluttery issues that I just didn't want to deal with because they weren't an easy fix.  Yesterday after posting about Little Steps All In The Right Direction I felt invigorated to accomplish much!  I made my list (it was WAY TOO BIG but I can keep scratching things off of it all week long, so I'm OK with it)  and I set off to multitask like mad. 

I did get a lot done.  4 loads of laundry, cleaned the floors, vacuumed, dishes, mowed the lawns, squeezed in a trip to the Dr's office with 6 kids and even made time to take them all to the playground for an hour...then topped the night off with a birthday celebration for my youngest son. 

BUT I still had a couple of things looming over me at 8:30 last night.   The incubator, I mean, The fridge and the home office space which is still a mess. 

I dawned my big girl pants and attacked the fridge with a vengeance.  Filled the sink with hot soapy water and away I went.  It's not perfect, but the science experiments are all gone.  YAY! 

The office space remains the same today. 
I just don't know what to do with it.  The dining room is the only room it makes sense to have it in as it is right off of the kitchen and it's a big room, plus the other areas of the house just don't have enough room for an office.  No extra bedrooms, they're packed like cord wood with kids.  lol. 


The computers that are here need to go.  One doesn't work at all and the other (that is hiding behind that door) is a dinosaur with a mother board issue.  It's about 8+ years old too. Ha ha.  I think we've gotten our money's worth.  We paid $100 for it 6 or so years ago. So I've been downloading the necessary files off of it so I can feel free to dispose of it.  That's 1 step in the right direction. :)

I really dislike the drawer system, the basket full of scrapbooks and the clutter that is in piles on top of the printer. 

But what is the answer?  I just don't know.   There is a window to the left and it's low.  There is a fireplace beyond that so I don't really want to butt anything right up to it....it would be ugly.  I think. 

I'm looking for a frugal solution.  If you have any ideas or pics, I'd love to hear them. 

Once I get this figured out and fixed, I will be able to move on to decluttering the next room. Until then, be patient with me, I'm working on a solution.  Hopefully it won't take long. 




1 comment:

  1. Simple shelves (Cheap system from Walmart?) and baskets (with pretty file folders, boxes. I have a set From TJMaxx that I love. (Okay, I would love them if I could just declutter all of the paperwork related to my mother's estate and have so little left I could put them to use!) But, that's my idea. Check Marden's for deals on matchy-matchy baskets too. It's a real Pottery Barn look, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete