Monday, June 4, 2012

Music is good for the soul

Not everyone feels music to be such an outlet as I do, but for me, it's essential.  When I am faced with a difficult decision or if I've had a hard day, I will take time to pray about it, read my bible to see what God is telling me and then I tend to turn on my tunes. 

I don't listen to just any tunes, usually.  I have a handful of songs in my music library that are not Christ based songs and to be truthful, during these times, I have to skip them when they play.  I don't find they help my mood, my heart or my soul. 

This was the case for me the other day.  I was looking to God for some clear answers on a situation I was facing.  He answered me.  I didn't like his answer and truthfully I was kinda angry at his response. 

As I mulled over going forward with my fleshly approach or be obedient and go with what He was asking of me, I mowed my lawns.  :)  (it's always a good outlet for me to get rid of angst.) I had my ipod on and the music was blaring truth in my ears.  Matthew West was singing my prayer!!!  Stop the World.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAMg1WaEJ98

The next song I listened to was Aware by Salvador.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJwtcF3ykhU

I believe God used these two songs to quiet my angst and speak right to my heart.  I had to remember it is Him I serve and His ways are so much better than mine, He is so much bigger than my trials.  I am so thankful for the personal relationship I have with my God who is able to make good of any situation.  I am so thankful he gave us music to express encouraging words and our love to him in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment