Monday, March 12, 2012

Ashamed No More

I am coming clean.  Literally.  Something I find incredibly embarrassing is.....

Well, before I just jump in and air my dirty laundry, I want you to know I am willing to put it all out there so that others may find freedom.  I know it's such an iffy subject, but someone needs to speak out against it.  You are not abnormal. You are not gross.  Your tshirt might be, but remember, you are not alone.

Yellow Armpit Stains.  There, I've said it.  :) 

Common', I know you've wondered how come your white shirts turn yellow in the armpits. So have I! You've switched deodorants wondering if that was the cause, haven't you?!  You thought "Gee, I don't dare wave at anyone....they'll think I make fresh lemonade by using my armpit as a lemon press!"
You know you thought about going without deodorant, but as quick as you thought it, you said, "never mind, I'd buy a new tshirt before someone wondered if I had danced with a skunk while eating an onion."  (OK, maybe that was a little random.....) 

 It's so frusterating isn't it!  You may have tried bleach like I have...and it didn't work.  I know I have wondered what kind of toxic brew my armpits concoct in order to create such nasty stains!  Well, wonder no more....there is a cure.  The results....MIND BLOWING!  This won't keep your pits from staining your shirts, but this will take the yellow right out of them!

Here's what I did:

Mix 1/2 C Hydrogen Peroxide with 1/4 C Dawn Dish Detergent (the blue kind is best)

I poured mine into a spray bottle and SOAKED the armpits.  You don't have to use a spray bottle if you don't want....just make sure the armpits are completely soaked with the solution.  I did add a little boost by sprinkling some Washing Soda (found in the laundry soap isle) on it and smooshing it around a bit just to "help",  but from the research I found online, this step isn't necessary.  Then you let it sit for a couple of hours before you wash it all out. 

The results?  CHECK THIS OUT......

Here is the before:


And here is the after:



My kids think I have lost it...I've got both arms in the air, waving at anyone and anything....I'M FREE!






No comments:

Post a Comment