Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sometimes Renovations aren't so pretty

Pretty much every day I get up, get ready for the day, get my kids ready for school, pack everyone up, drive them there, drop them off, come home and.....look around and wonder what on earth occurred here this morning.  I question..."was I even here this morning?  Look at this place...."  Toast and smoothie accoutrement's all over the counter, dishes in the sink - maybe even still on the table.  I mean come on, I haven't even had my first cup of coffee yet.  So, I trick myself into thinking I should sip my coffee for a few minutes, check my email and calendar for the day and then I'll clean it all up. 

                                                                     **Disclaimer**
I really do work with each of my kids to be tidy...but we (myself and hubby included) haven't mastered the art yet, but the renovation is underway!  (we've been working hard accomplishing our new chore chart)

So, as I relax after hairiness of the morning (thus far).....yup, it never fails, someone is at the door and I've been caught.  Dishes undone, crumbs and cheerios on the floor...and me with a coffee in hand.  Try explaining that! 


Well, today I found a saying I must post in my entryway. 

"I'm not lazy, I just have children."

It kind of says it all doesn't it?  Well, if that doesn't, surely this will: 

 
The Renovation continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment