Saturday, March 10, 2012

How To Make Your Own Miracle Whip

I'm usually one to run to the store for any little thing that I need right that minute.  There.  I said it.  I don't plan very well.   I'm trying to change that though.

Anyway....

 It seems to be a good cardio workout when I've got my team of champs with me, but it proves to be much more expensive than that one item I needed.  In fact, it's funny, when I walk into StuffMart, I instantly think of all kinds of "saved trips" I could make if I took the time to get this now.  I tell you, I think StuffMart has a $100 cover charge you must meet before you can checkout.  :/

Well, today was a step in the right direction.  I tried a recipe that saved me a trip AND money! 

I was making chicken salad sandwiches for my Man at lunchtime.  He likes Miracle Whip on his chicken sandwiches.  I didn't have any.  I did have Mayo though.  So, I looked up a recipe online for "How to Make Your Own Miracle Whip", tried it, and we loved it.  I wouldn't say it was exact, but it was yum, non the less.  (in my own opinion, I liked it better than plain ol' MW.  It had a garlic hue to it that I thought was MM MM good!)



Here's the Recipe:

5 Tbsp Vinegar
2 tsp Cornstarch
3 Tbsp White Sugar
1 tsp Paprika
1tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Dry Mustard
1 1/2 Cups Mayonnaise

In a saucepan, on medium heat, whisk together the vinegar and cornstarch until it thickens.  Remove from heat and add all other ingredients.  Cool and use!  It's that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment